Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We're headed back to Haiti...



As many of you know there are a group of us who travel to the Hands and Feet Project once a year since our first visit in February 2009. Since 2009 over twenty people have traveled to HAF as a part of this group. Five of the original eight have returned each year. This year is a little different, since our first trip three of us have completed internships, one is a full-time missionary in Haiti, and another is a full-time staff member stateside. To say that I am overwhelmed is a bit of an understatement when I look back just three years ago and see how far the Lord has brought us in this journey of being His hands and feet it absolutely blows my mind! Well, even with the changes in our group dynamic we are still committed to take a team down once a year and our fourth trip is rapidly approaching. This year we have a team of eight, as of now, and 4 spots still open. We are hoping to take down a full team once again, so more individuals can fall in love with this place just like we did 3 years ago. We are so excited and so ready to return... This year funding has been a bit more difficult for most of us, as you can imagine, we still have quite a bit of money to raise in the next few weeks, we will be purchasing our airfare before the end of the month and are short approximately $2000 at this point. If you feel like you are able to donate towards our trip you can do so by using the chipin widget in this blogpost or emailing me for other ways that you can donate... rebekahpeoples@aol.com. I know I say this before each trip that we take, but the truth is these trips could NOT happen without each of you, without your prayers, encouraging words, and financial support. My heart is so sincere when I say I cannot say Thank You enough, to EVERYONE who has been a part of this journey, whether you have been on a trip or have just supported us in some way over the years, we could not do it without you so Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. You have played a part in the Lord breaking our hearts for His children. As always if you have any questions regarding our trips feel free to comment here or shoot me an email and I will answer any questions you have to the best of my ability! I truly appreciate each and everyone of you, and thank you for taking the time to read this...I have another much needed post coming soon, just allow me to get through finals :o)





Continuing the journey,

Bek

No comments:

Post a Comment