Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How you can be a part of this journey...

So I dont know if you have taken the time to read the 5 entries that give you the background of our trips to Haiti...if not, I pray you will take the time to allow the Lord to speak to you through our experiences, in whatever capacity that may mean. Yet, I understand life is busy for all of us so if you have yet to read I forgive you :o) But please take the time to read this, how you can be a part of this journey.
In 2007 the Lord placed a VERY clear calling on my life to serve in Haiti, specifically with the Hands and Feet Project Childrens Village (HAF); and now, 3 1/2 years later things are finally falling into place. I have been accepted for a 3 month internship at HAF. It has been a long process to get here, and the fact that it is finally here, to be honest, terrifies me. There are so many details to be worked out and a lot of money that needs to be raised in the next eight weeks in order for me to follow this calling that the Lord has placed on my life. I posted all of our old journal entries to give you some insight into how important this internship is to me as well as those who have been a part of this journey.. This internship will fulfill two of my courses at school, as well as give me some good insight into whether or not I am supposed to live in Haiti full time. But I need your help. This experience has been very humbling and I am sure it will continue to be...In order for me to go this summer I need to raise approximately $5,000 in just under 8 weeks...this is scary but I have seen the Lord provide and I trust that He will in this process also. I have to raise money to cover my airfare as well as cover my bills while I am gone this summer, so I will still have a place to live when I return to finish school. I would also like to give HAF a portion of that money to help offset my cost of living while I am there..Even though it is not required I understand how important it is for them to help these costs be off-set. The Lord is stretching me in huge ways and asking me to trust Him in the bigger picture, I know without a doubt in my mind that I am supposed to be in Haiti this summer, but that comes with a lot of anxieties and sacrifices that I will have to make, but I am ready and willing to go where He is leading me... This quote is perfect for what the Lord is calling me to : "But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through" - Francis Chan. The Lord is calling me to make some huge decisions and I cant do it without your prayer... I will be selling my car and pretty much anything that is not necessary for me to take to Haiti, I will also most likely have to quit my job and pray that I get re-hired when I return, this is part of trusting Him in the bigger picture. So will you come alongside me? Pray for me daily, to continue to surrender and allow the Lord to take control! Pray about it, and if you feel led, I also need the financial support, I don't see how I am going to raise this $5,000 in under 8 weeks, but if I did see than God wouldn't be God would He? If you have any encouraging words Ill take them :o) and if you feel led and able to donate financially please email me at rebekahpeoples@aol.com for info on how to do so...Thank you for walking with me in this journey we call life....
<3 Me

1 comment:

  1. Good job Rebekah. We'll be praying for you!

    Good to see a blog.

    ReplyDelete